June 18, 2007 Workshop Minutes
Tularosa Village Hall is in the center of town on St. Francis Drive.
Click here to get the PDF file & printable version of these minutes.
The Village of Tularosa Board of Trustees met in a Workshop setting on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 7:00 P. M. in the Court/Conference Room of the Public Safety Facility located at 609 St. Francis Drive, Tularosa, New Mexico.
Present: Mayor Ray S. Cordova, Trustee Patrick Garcia, Trustee Margaret Trujillo, Trustee Thomas McKean, Trustee Gloria Sainz, as well as Dianna Brusuelas Village Clerk and Reynaldo Guilez Field Supervisor.
Items discussed were the Items included in the Agenda to be presented at the Regular Meeting of June 19, 2007 which include:
- Consideration of Agenda and Consent Agenda
- Unscheduled Correspondence & Public Comments
- Dianna Brusuelas Request to reschedule the July Regular Meeting from July 17, 2007 to July 24, 2007
- Approval of Budget Adjustment Request 2007-3 GF-Animal Control
- Approval of Budget Adjustment Request 2007-4 GF-Community Center
- Approval of Budget Adjustment Request 2007-5 GF-Judicial
- Vision Ford Lincoln Mercury Inc (Heredian or Michael Martin) To allow tent sale of new and used vehicles at Lowe's parking lot
- Richard Gutierrez-To use State Appropriation 07-L-G-3454 $50,000.00 for Skate Board Park Improvements
- Eddie Anett DBA Amy's Fireworks Adopt New Mexico Fireworks Act
- Baja Broadband Cable TV (Carlos Vega) Request to set a fiber vault in from Police Station
- Stephanie Du Bois-Garbage Pick-up. Locked gate at the end of Willow Lane
- Country Boy RV Park (David C Baca) -Overcharged for water at RV Park
- Planning & Zoning (Don Ogden) (1) Sign Ordinance Revision (2) Historic District Billboard (3) Sign Permit Variance
- Virgil Mayberry, Interim Chief-Adoption of Dee Johnson Indoor Clean Air Act
- Reynaldo Guilez-Field Supervisor-Request $1.00 per hour pay increase for Julian Martinez from $10.00 to $11.00
- Mayor Cordova-Appointment of Virgil Mayberry as Police Chief with salary increase
- Consideration of Adoption of Proposed Ordinance 222, regulating the operation of Mobile Home Parks and Recreational Vehicle Parks. To publish by Title & Subject Matter
- Consideration of Adoption of Ordinance 223, amending section 150.01 to provide for the increase of the number of members of the Village Planning & Zoning Commission from five to seven
- Attorney Jeff Rhodes-Executive Session as per Section 10-15-1(H) of the Open Meetings Act, to discuss the stipulation of the City of Alamogordo
- Award Audit Bid for Fiscal Year 2006-2007
- Discussion of Proposed Dangerous Dog Act Ordinance and changes to Section 95 Old Business : (1) 16 March 2006-What is being done about decals for Village Vehicles (2) 19 December 2006-Received a list of fire hydrants inspection, what is being in repairing these hydrants. How many have been repaired out of the 22? (3) April 2006-What is being done in installing new fire hydrant on Rose & S. Bookout? (4) July 2006-What is the latest status to go out for bid to have the Village Limits surveyed? (5) 17 October 2006-Update on this muffin valve at sewer plant from the last letter received from Lawyer? (6) What is update on ground water rights with wells, and transfer of water rights, discussed at meeting.
Mayor Ray Cordova brought up Item 9. Eddie Arnett DBA Amy's Fireworks requesting the adoption of the New Mexico Fireworks Act. Mr. Arnett stated that he was not aware that our current ordinance allowed him to sell fireworks at his stand. Mr. Arnett asked that the Board of Trustees pass the New Mexico Fireworks Act even if it does not effect him right now.
Mayor Cordova then called the meeting to order asking that all rise and join in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ms. Stephanie Du Bois brought up a concern about a locked gate at the end of Willow Lane because the fire hydrant sits behind the gate, Ms. Du Boise said the owner of the property is Alan Cox who lives in El Paso and she felt that he gave up 15' of his property for the village to install a water line. It was decided that if he encroached on village property we should write him a letter to move his gate back.
Ms. Du Bois stated that she would address the garbage pick up at the regular meeting.
Being that Field Supervisor Reynaldo Guilez was present Mayor Cordova asked what his concerns were. Mr. Guilez stated that he wanted to request a $1.00 increase for Julian Martinez noting that he had two employees on the list but one was removed. Trustee Margaret Trujillo asked where he would take the money out of. The line item would be 505-2140-48040, questions arose as to when it would start, now or July 1st.
Mr. Don Ogden came before the board to discuss a sign ordinance and went through the 10 page proposed ordinance. After a lengthly discussion Mr. Ogden moved on to discuss a Historic District Billboard at 206 St. Francis Drive which will include 15 vendors, the billboard will be 12'x16'. Next was a sign permit variance request at 709 St. Francis Drive by Kenneth Brattier for Bronco Sue Custom Hats.
Stephanie Du Bois also suggested starting a Merchants Association to introduce the village to new comers and welcome them. Mayor Cordova reminded everyone that a Welcome Center was in the works.
Mr. Ogden announced that the next Regular Planning & Zoning Meeting would be on the 12th of July not on the 5th of July.
Trustee Thomas McKean asked questioned a few items on the bills list. Trustee McKean also asked if procedures are being followed before issuing a Business Registration. Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas asked Trustee McKean if he was asking about the procedure listed in the ordinance which means it has to go through the Police Department, Fire Department, the Code Enforcement and the Planning & Zoning and if that is the question, no we are not following ordinance. I was agreed that the ordinance would have to be looked at. Trustee Thomas McKean requested a list of names of the people who went to Western Playland with the Recreation.
Trustee Margaret Trujillo asked if anyone was going to the Policy Committee Meetings. The response was no and also asked if the Village had any concerns to send up to Santa Fe. Trustee McKean brought up the 5 mile to 10 mile limit and Mayor Cordova stated that he was in contact with Senator Dianna Duran in reference to the 10 mile limit. Mayor Cordova also advised the Board of Trustees that the Village would be getting the money for the Welcome Center in January not in 2009 as thought. Mayor Cordova also informed the Board that there was a Senate Jr. Bill 1 where municipalities can get some operating monies.
Mayor Cordova asked Trustees McKean and Trujillo to attend the Tularosa Community Ditch Corporation meeting on Monday, June 25, 2007 also advising that the Attorney Jeff Rhodes would be in attendance. Discussion on water rights continued.
The written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting. The recorded tapes are part of the minutes only for interpreting any ambiguity in the written minutes. When the minutes are approved and signed the written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting.
Ray S. Cordova, Mayor
Dianna R. Brusuelas, Village Clerk