August 20, 2007 Minutes
Tularosa Village Hall is in the center of town on St. Francis Drive.
Click here to get the PDF file & printable version of these minutes.
Village of Tularosa-Workshop-August 20, 2007
The Board of Trustees of the Village of Tularosa met in a Workshop setting on Monday, August 20, 2007 at 7:00 P. M. in the Court/Conference Room of the Public Safety Facility located at 609 St. Francis Drive, Tularosa, New Mexico.
Present: Mayor Ray S. Cordova, Trustee Patrick Garcia, Trustee Margaret Trujillo, Trustee Thomas McKean, Trustee Gloria Sainz, Police Chief Virgil Mayberry, Grants Coordinator Richard Gutierrez as well as Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas and Robert Chavez Fire Chief.
Mayor Cordova asked that all rise and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
On the minutes of July 17, 2007 Trustee Thomas McKean pointed out the word bee should be been and Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas noted a misspelling of the word Board. Those corrections would be done by the meeting on August 21, 2007. Trustee Thomas McKean asked about the minutes of July 23, 2007 on the Water Rights, after clarification Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas said she would check and thought she just forgot to print them.
Mayor Cordova stated that Item 14 would be removed from the agenda.
Trustee Patrick Garcia brought up a customer whose husband died and was told at the water department that she could only add her name to the account without dropping her husbands name. It was decided that in case of a death the water account could be put in the living spouses name.
Trustee Margaret Trujillo stated that she had written a letter referencing the T-6 well and was waiting for the Board to approve the letter for signatures. It was agreed to move forward with the letter.
Trustee Thomas McKean asked what the standing was on transferring the water rights to the Stogden well. It was suggested to ask Attorney Jeff Rhodes at the Regular Meeting.
Items of discussion were items included in the Agenda to be presented at the Regular Meeting of August 21, 2007 which include:
- Consideration of Agenda & Consent Agenda
- Unscheduled Correspondence & Public Comments
- Approval of Budget Adjustment Request 2007-6
- Approval of Adoption of Resolution 2007-08-05
- Approval of Adoption of Resolution 2007-08-06
- Approval of Adoption of Resolution 2007-08-07
- Information: Baja Broadband channel changes
- Information: Blanchard Engineering, Inc. Village Limits Survey
- Donald Spain-Request to make Randall Dr. compliant with Section 504 and the Americas with Disabilities Act
- Don Ogden-Recommended Adoption of Proposed Sign Ordinance
- Don Ogden-Review of Subdivision Ordinance
- Adoption of Resolution 224
- Adoption of Resolution 220 amending Section 51.01
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Alamogordo's Department of Public Safety
- Salary increase for Darrell Chavez from $10.25 to $11.28
- Salary increase for Diadra Dugger from $7.18 to $8.7125
- Salary increase for Timothy Winrow from $12.82 to $13.33
- Salary increase for Dima Carr from $9.23 to $9.72
- Salary increase for ACO Cruz Voorbach from $8.72 to $9.22
- Salary increase for Patrick Maturino from $13.33 to$13.90
- Performance salary increase for Lance Ledford from $13.33 to $13.84.
- Mayor Cordova-Discussion on Lifting Moratorium and take possible action
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Dangerous Dog Act and changes
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Fireworks Ordinance
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Status of proposed Ordinance on Clean Indoor Act
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Request proposed Ordinance on 1/8 of 1% Gross Receipts Tax for replacement and repairs of sewer and water lines in the Village of Tularosa
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Alamo Disposal review contract
There was also an amended agenda which included:
Trustee Thomas McKean-Requesting supporting Otero County in their position, the World Heritage Site designation for White Sands National Monument
Mayor Ray Cordova-Appointment of additional Planning & Zoning Members, LeRoy C. Trujillo and Jeni Alexander
Rick Gutierrez-Award bid for Fire Department Improvements to Lancon for construction and Silva's Electric to install Fire Alarm
Rick Gutierrez-Award bid for Children's Learning Center at Library to Lancon
Discussion continued on the ICIP, Mr. Gutierrez stated that new paperwork would be submitted again.
The survey of the Village Limits was brought up and Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas suggested that she be allowed to go visit with Steve or Dale Palke from the county and ask their assistance in help in writing bid proposals, submit it to the news paper and see who bids. Trustee Thomas McKean brought up the name of a surveyor, Steve Sandoval of Construction Surveying in Alamogordo. Village Clerk also thought there might be one in Cloudcroft.
Mr. Don Ogden gave copies of the proposed Sign Ordinance and explained the changes and also brought up the Subdivision Ordinance that the Planning and Zoning is proposing.
Items 12 and 13 were brought up stating Adoption of Resolution and should read Adoption of Ordinance.
On Item 15 Mayor Cordova asked Chief Mayberry if Mr. Darrell Chavez was now certified. The response from the Chief was that Mr. Chavez took the POPE test but that his 300 meter run was not recorded so he has to go back on the 29th to do the run and have it recorded. Chief Mayberry said he would remove the item from the agenda.
Discussion ensued about lifting the moratorium. Trustee Margaret Trujillo's concern was the ICIP projects description because the Village is asking for money for a storage pond and the description says it is needed to store water because there is not enough water in the village lifting the moratorium will only hurt us. Mayor Ray Cordova advised Trustee Trujillo that he is the one making the presentations and his presentation only says that the Village doesn't have a way to store water.
On the Dangerous Dog Act Trustee Trujillo and Trustee McKean had different versions. It was decided to give both the Attorney Jeff Rhodes and include the minutes of the Workshop and ask him to draw up an ordinance.
Discussion on bringing the Gross Receipts Tax increase to the voters and letting it go ten years. Attorney Jeff Rhodes said that taxes for specific things should have a limit.
Mayor Cordova suggested scheduling a meeting with Alamo Disposal and the Board agreed.
Mayor Cordova stated that he received two letter's of interest for the Planning & Zoning one from LeRoy C. Trujillo and one from Jeni Alexander but later heard from Mr. Ogden that he had other interested persons. Mayor Cordova liked the idea of a young person like Mr. Trujillo on the P & Z Board but questioned whether it was a conflict of interest since Trustee Margaret Trujillo served on the Regular Board of Trustee and stated that he would check with the Attorney. Mayor Cordova stated that at this time he would probably appoint Mr. Lloyd Horton and leave the second position vacant.
Trustee Thomas asked what the latest saga on the well is. Mayor Ray Cordova said they had ordered a door for the shed and waiting for a valve for the stand pipe and they have a conflict with the contractor. Trustee Margaret Trujillo asked who the Inspector was on the project? Trustee Thomas McKean said that Don Childress has been paid $7,000.00 so far. Trustee Trujillo requested a list on the dates he came to do inspections.
There being no further business Trustee Margaret Trujillo moved to adjourn, motion was seconded by Trustee Thomas McKean. The meeting adjourned at 10:00 P. M.
The written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting. The recorded tapes are part of the minutes only for interpreting any ambiguity in the written minutes. When the minutes are approved and signed the written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting.
Ray S. Cordova, Mayor
Dianna R. Brusuelas, Village Clerk
Minutes approved by the Board of Trustees at the Regular Meeting of September 18, 2007.