September 17, 2007 Minutes
Tularosa Village Hall is in the center of town on St. Francis Drive.
Click here to get the PDF file & printable version of these minutes.
Village of Tularosa-Workshop-September 17, 2007
The Board of Trustees of the Village of Tularosa met in a Workshop setting on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 7:00 P. M. in the Court/Conference Rom of the Public Safety Facility located at 609 St. Francis Drive, Tularosa, New Mexico.
Present: Mayor Ray S. Cordova, Trustee Patrick Garcia, Trustee Margaret Trujillo, Trustee Thomas McKean, Trustee Gloria Sainz as well as Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas.
Mayor Ray Cordova called the workshop to order asking that all rise and join in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Items of discussion were items included in the Agenda to be presented at the Regular Meeting of August 21, 2007 which include:
- Consideration of Agenda & Consent Agenda-4521
- Unscheduled Correspondence & Public Comments
- Adoption of Resolution 2007-08-08 STB 07-3759 for $100,000.00
- Adoption of Ordinance 226 amending Sections of 153
- Municipal Capital Outlay Gross Receipts Tax Ordinance
- Adoption of Resolution 2007-08-09 SAP 07 Water Plant Storage Ponds
- Approval of payment to TCDC for 2006 $1,202.74; 2007 $1,246.56
- Salary increase for Officer Darrell Chavez from $10.25 to $11.28
- Appointment of Lloyd Horton to the Planning & Zoning Board
- Oliver Yearby-Adjustment of Water Bill
- Keith Kaplan-Pot holes on Calle de la Rosa
- Trustee Margaret Trujillo-Replace existing 2" line with 6"water line on alley side of Sierra Blanca
- Jeff Rhodes-Requesting Executive Session as per Section 10-15-1(H) of Open Meeting Act. Reference: Agreement with the City of Alamogordo
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Proposed Dangerous Dog Act & Changes
- Trustee Thomas McKean-Proposed Fireworks Ordinance
>Old Business:Trustee Thomas McKean
17 Oct 2006 Update on Muffin Valve at Sewer Plant from the last letter received from Lawyer
July 2006 Status of Surveying Village Limits
August 2007 Status of Alamo Disposal meeting
Latest update on Village Well status
What is the status of the latest well application with State Engineer
What is the status of the latest water rights to our subdivision
Trustee Thomas McKean brought up an error on Resolution 2007-08-08 noting that the revenue line item has an expense line item. Village Clerk Dianna Brusuelas stated that it would be corrected in time for the meeting tomorrow night.
Discussion on the sign ordinance ensued with input from Mi Casa Signs. The Board of Trustees agreed to conduct a Workshop to work on the sign ordinance and an invitation was extended to the owners of Mi Casa Signs.
On Resolution 07-08-09 Water Plant Storage Ponds the Board asked Mr. Rick Gutierrez to fill in the blanks and put Richard Gutierrez as the Grantee Representative and Ray S. Cordova as the Signatory Authority.
Discussion on changing a 2" water line on Pilar Chavez Lane to a 6" line and discussion of the sewer line on Rita Lopez Lane to Mr. Castle's place. Lane Plumbing is to come Friday and give estimates as to the cost for both lines.
There being not further business the meeting adjourned at 9:05 P.M.
The written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting. The recorded tapes are part of the minutes only for interpreting any ambiguity in the written minutes. When the minutes are approved and signed the written minutes are the official minutes of the meeting.
Ray S. Cordova, Mayor
Dianna R. Brusuelas, Village Clerk
Minutes approved by the Board of Trustees at the Regular Meeting of October 16, 2007.